Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Mother's Day 2021

Song -Tell Mama - Cover by Sierra Eagleson

This was the first year without celebrating Mother's Day with my mom.  I felt my sadness for weeks so I told myself that it was just a Hallmark day on the calendar......but my body & heart didn't listen.....  I could feel myself getting into a funk so I talked with my boys and let them know that I was spending the day in the garden - no fuss, no muss - just a call would do nicely..... thank you very much!




Henry didn't listen.... 





My two year old grandson knows how much I like birds and hand painted two miniature bird houses for me and painted a heart shape stepping stone for the veggie garden that he absolutely decided could NOT be stepped on by anyone!  So it is now leaning against the stone wall in the garden for all to admire!

 


 Of course it is a purple heart because that is his favorite color right now!!!


So just what did I do on Mother's Day.....



....I watched a Clematis unfurl......



                                                                                               .....I pinched back my Sweet Basil.....



I set up my grandmother's ravioli table as a potting table and a old wicker chair from my mom to sit and relax in the shade.

 


 ....I watched a Spotted Towhee trying to hide in the oak tree.....

 


 and I listened to the water flowing from our fountain that Mr. B had just cleaned out the day before.


I thought about dead heading some roses but they were all in the sun and it was 92 degrees!



I planted a Hosta and some Impatiens in the shade and added a water saucer for the birds.....

 


 

 Henry and I had planted some strawberries the week before so I watered them for him....




....I gave two of my large ball box woods a much needed trim.....





.......and Mr. B helped me dig up some volunteer Japanese Maple seedlings and I potted them up on my new table!

 

And as the warm day began to cool down a bit Mr. B brought us both down Gin & Tonic's to sip by the pool......the first since last summer....

 


 I watched a Black Phoebe capture a Damselfly and then he pondered what to do next....



As the day finally drew to an end I thanked my mom for all she has done for me and continues to bring to me daily - especially the joy of a garden.  Thank you mom.....

 

 "We are born of love; love is our mother."

--Rumi

 

 







1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog. The photos remind me how beautiful your garden and pool area are. What will we do when feedburner won't send us email alerts for our blogs? I'll check in regularly. Are you publishing your ancestry blog? I forgot the title and I'm in the dark

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...