Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Hello Spring!

 Song - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' Along by Bing Crosby

 


 Mr. & Mrs. Titmouse have been busy making their home a showstopper for 2021.  For two weeks one of them would be in the house tap-tap-tapping all day long as the other one flitted back and forth making sure all was well.  I guess they were hoping to enlarge their nesting box.  


 

I get so much enjoyment from these two and am able to help teach my grandson Henry about birds and their nests.


 
A birdhouse in the shade garden fell to the ground sometime this winter - probably by a squirrel - and Mr. B was kind enough to help rehang it with extra screws!
 


It may be too late for the birds to use this spring but it will be ready for them next year.




We have been seeing this small little wren like birds and I found out that they are Bushtits.  They love the suet feeder full of bugs and nuts! They also like the nesting balls I have hanging on our trees.




They work very hard at pulling the cotton out of the twig ball and just when you think they have too much to fly with, they go in for even more!



Even the hummingbirds go in for this nesting material.  They have gone through two balls this month so I just purchased two more along with some refill for the first two!  


Two days ago I woke up to find two beautiful deer in our backyard happily munching away on my roses. In 25 years they have never gotten into our backyard and when I walked out to see the damage they had done I almost cried.  My new tender rose growth, the hydrangeas, new shoots from my sweet peas....gone....now I love deer but not in my garden!  Mr. B and I went out that day with deer repellent and sprayed the yard.....I have two more bottles coming in the mail today!  Yesterday I opened the front curtain and there was a big ol' turkey on my front porch.  He didn't do much damage and I was glad that Henry got to see him and now walks around the house saying "gobble, gobble"!




One more beautiful troublemaker in my yard - hawks!  Just while I was typing this post I saw him fly into a tree right outside my door.  I see you Mr. Hawk trying to hide behind the wind chimes!!!

 


"Enjoy the little things in life for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."


--Kurt Vonnegut

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...