Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Sunday, June 2, 2024

A Change in Plans

 SONG - Bring it on Home to Me by Sam Cooke

(Or in my case “If You Ever Change Your Mind”)


Day 32 - Fri. May 31





Breakfast at the Crêperie across the street which was fun and reminded us of France. Then off to Westminster Abbey….which was sold out for the day. What?  It’s huge so how can it be full?? Drat….that made me sad and I had to quickly rethink our plans for the day. Where to next?  





The National Gallery has several rooms of Impressionist painting. That will cheer me up. Well done, it kind of cheered me up but it was packed and difficult to get close to a painting. But we preserved!! 



Van Gogh



Sorolla


Monet


Morisot


I thought of the close crowds & Covid halfway through but didn’t have a mask. There was an “sporting event” right in front of the museum at Trifalger Square which made movement outside on foot or in cabs impossible. We limped into a nearby cafe to get a cold drink and re-assess our next move. We suddenly realized it was almost 3 pm and our grandsons were going to FaceTime us shortly.


 We had a lovely visit with the boys where Henry warmly, calmly greeted us & said he really misses us.  Then Charlie got hold of the phone and ran around yelling “My YaYa, My YaYa, hi YaYa Papa” and everyone chasing him for the phone. So very sweet and thrilling in their own ways. 



The phone that I called them with…


Mr. B took this from a moving cab but it is 
Harry Potter playing at the Palace Theatre 


We walked down a few streets that Mr. B recognized as the theatre district and finally found a cab to bring us home. However it took us over an hour due to road construction, closures and barriers put up for a big event happening in a few weeks.  I felt sorry for the driver but after we paid the bill, I felt sorry for Mr. B!  Oooh, la, la. 




Dinner was at a Lebanese restaurant across the street that we had been to in 2017. Even though it was cold and windy we sat outside as they had heat lamps on. We had a good dinner and good wine. 




After dinner we walked to the “Thin House” which was interesting to see and only a block away. 


I decided last night that the rumble of the Underground reminds me of being at the ocean and hearing waves roaring in. Kind of a more soothing thought than a train in a tube beneath your room!

2 comments:

  1. So disappointing to miss Westminster Abby. And I love your positivity and flexibility :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! No worries as I immediately made reservations for today (Monday) and we just got back from seeing Westminster! Yay!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...