Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Monday, March 24, 2014

Tranquil Tuesday

 Song - Kiss From a Rose by Seal



I just love Apple blossoms!


This week we have been walking around the yard and enjoying the beauty of Spring!  My favorite time to walk in the garden are early in the morning with breakfast in hand and late in the afternoon (with a glass of wine!) I do a little watering and weed pulling but mostly just enjoy the daily treats that are popping out all over.


I have already had a bouquet of roses in the house and it's only March 25th! But my rose garden is just full of beautiful buds.



The strawberries are blossoming and setting fruit. Mika is licking her lips!




I have a huge bouquet of white lilac's in our kitchen right now.  I finally found out how to keep them from wilting in the vase and it works!  Click here for the info.


Cherry blossoms




Baby figs are covering this little tree

























Beautifully scented Freesia's


Of course the roses in the front yard have already be eaten by the deer as are my primroses and Hydrangeas!


The Foxgloves will be blooming later this week


Oh yes.....and the Dandelions are doing beautifully as well!



Spanish Bluebell

Yesterday Mr. B and I retrained our grapevines and Wisteria pouring over our pergola.

(this is the "before" photo of the grapes & Wisteria vines)

 (scratch and sniff right here!!!)

The birds are happy, the flowers are happy and I am happy to have inherited the gardening bug from both of my parents as well as my grandparents!


"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature.  To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body but the soul."  -- Alfred Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...