Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Rain Delay

 Song - Have You Ever Seen the Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival

We have been getting some much needed rain here in California!  Today was great as the garden is getting her fill of water.



I was indoors all day finishing a book (The Rosie Project), picking up my upstairs Acrylic painting area in the dining room (because Mr. B is having a baseball draft here tomorrow with oodles of guys) and finally cleaning and rearranging my downstairs studio - which is where I paint with oils.

It is just one of those rainy days that makes me feel cozy to drink tea and be indoors without feeling guilty about it.




I have been using my new Pam Stern porcelain tea cups and they are a delight to hold. They have that organic hand made feel and are so beautiful!

I didn't realize how much I had missed that rainy "season" until today. We all need to hibernate occasionally!  I lite a candle and put on music while I smeared paint around the canvas.



   

It felt so good!



I also realized that I need to get out of Dodge tomorrow before the baseball craze begins!!!



Whoa!

PS - Did I ever tell you the story of how I used to babysit for Creedence?  Well their drummer's daughter?  I'll save it for another day......

"Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life." --John Updike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...