Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Monday Morning Walk

Song - Busy Bee by Arthur Askey

Have you ever heard a flower hum?



Well, I have!

There must be a thousand big, black, bumble bees in this Wisteria tree.  I can hear it hum from 20 feet away!



 Let's continue our walk from yesterday. 

 Azalea

Sunday I showed you the beginning of my vegetable garden.  Today we are going to wander through the shade garden.



 Dogwood



A babbling creek below the shade garden



 Ferns are unfurling



Hosta's filled with water are erupting






And Primroses are happily growing amongst the wild strawberries.



Did I every tell you that my Dad's mom was named Violet after the flower?  

And her twin sister was Daisy?  

And their other sisters were flowers as well - Lily and Rose?



"Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem or saying a prayer." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

1 comment:

  1. I heard a hummmingbird hum last week. It was actually the "thrummmm" of its wings beating near my head when I disturbed him in the hanging fuscia. The sound was deep and loud and gave me a fright til I figured out where the it came from. I saw him fly off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...