Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Old Town

SONG -  I Can’t Stand the Rain by Tina Turner

https://youtu.be/X9bSL2S4POg?si=dHTBPT_MkdWKXeew

(So sorry - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but if you click the link above it will take you to Tina Turner singing “I Can’t Stand the Rain”


Day 25 - May 24




Another rainy day in paradise. What a surprise. So many Scottish people we have spoken with say they can’t wait for the cold, rainy weather. They are uncomfortable with warmer weather.  And that must be why they live in Scotland!


 I didn’t feel well at all this morning but Mr. B gave me a “Get-out-of-Jail-Free” card so I took some meds & went back to sleep and woke at 1 pm feeling better and up for going into Edinburgh proper. After an hour of trying to figure out a garage near city central where we could drive & then take a taxi into Old Town was proving difficult. I was trying to talk Mr. B into taking a break from driving and take a cab into town but no way. Mr. B was sure it would all work out (he’s like that)! On our way to our car, I stopped at the front desk to ask if there was a safe, clean place to park and the cute young girl suggested a taxi or a bus into town to which Mr. B said it would be perfect. Go figure!




Delightful ride into town and we were dropped off at St. Giles Cathedral. Pouring rain, so many people & so very many umbrellas but we jumped out of the cab and ran into St. Giles (after taking my heart photo! See above)

Amazing cathedral made even more incredible by luring me in with Vivaldi music being played inside.  




They are having a concert tonight and the ensemble that is playing was practicing to the delightful of all. 



I got to go into the Thistle Chapel which was on my list and found the angel playing bagpipes because everyone should be welcomed to heaven with bagpipes!





We started looking for a place to eat and after walking a bit settled on Deacon Brodie’s Tavern right on the Royal Mile. 




It was warm, welcoming and full of happy people. We ordered Steak & Ale pies for lunch/dinner. There was a couple next to us from Minnesota who we talked to for a while. I had never had a meat pie before (other than a chicken pot pie) and this exceeded my expectations. It was amazing!



After lunch, we went “waistcoat” shopping for Mr. B.  Originally I had him talked into a kilt but we finally settled on a vest.  He found a right, proper one too!






Goodbye Scotland for now…..

3 comments:

  1. Glad you’re feeling better and glad to hear Jim can take proper direction from the “cute young girl”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain or shine you offer us extraordinary images and experience, so many small happinesses!

      Delete
    2. Feeling much better today. Mr. B has been taking great care of me. Thanks for following my journey!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...