Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Monday, May 13, 2024

Flowers For Mother’s Day

 SONG - Mother & Child Reunion by Paul Simon



We are traveling through the Midland’s today on our way from the Cotswolds to Over Peover (between Liverpool and Manchester). Just so you can get an idea of where the “Midlands” are located - it’s kind of in the middle of England and above is our driving map for the day. Our first stop was David Austin’s Roses in Albrighton.



We were about 2 weeks too early to catch the first and biggest flush of roses blooming but I was so happy to be here with enough roses blooming to make my heart content.











Everyone was having fun on Mother’s Day!






This beautiful boy called out to us just as we were leaving the garden and I had to go back to take a few photos!

As I wasn’t able to be with my children or grandsons today, it gave me great pleasure to enjoy this beautiful flower garden.  I have been a fan of David Austin roses for over 20 years and have a sizable number of them growing in my garden at home! We had a quick nibble of cake & scones in their tea room and then we were off to our second stop - The Iron Bridge. 



And that’s me on the bridge just right of center







The Iron Bridge is the world’s first iron bridge which was completed in 1779 and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.  You can read more about it here….

THE IRON BRIDGE


Now on to our abode for the evening - The Dog in Over Peover (yes that is the towns name and it is pronounced “Peever”) which I found online after trying to break up our long drive from the Cotswolds to the Lake District.  It was only a few miles off of the M6 which was whisking us North.  We pulled into their parking lot and noticed lots of people dining & drinking outside wearing shorts & sundresses. We got out of our car and Mr. B said he felt a drop of rain.  Within 2 seconds there was a downpour with everyone running giggling & screaming, running for cover.  Mr. B grabbed an umbrella and I jumped back into the car!



Rivers began flowing across the parking lot and I’m in flip flops.  As soon as it slowed down, we decided to make a run for it.  It’s times like this that I wish I had packed lighter, much lighter - well this and stairs!



We had a cozy room upstairs with a lovely meadow view and a proper Sunday roast for dinner.  We were happy campers.


Wait until you see where we head tomorrow!


“The stinking hedgerows are blooming dear” 

- Jeanette to Jim who detests driving in hedgerows 










1 comment:

  1. Jeanette! Your photographs are such a revelation and celebration! Thank you so much🙏

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...