Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Yum!

Song - Green Onions by Booker T & the MG's





On Wednesday I decided that I was getting bored with our usual cooking - meat, veggie, carb, so I found a recipe that would kick it up a notch or two. A woman I follow on Instagram named Lindsay from Pinch of Yum came up with a spectacular idea - Spring Roll Bowls.  She uses all of the ingredients that you would find in a Spring Roll but she had made it into a bowl.

I made a recipe list and Whole Foods delivered all of the ingredients within a couple hours. I did make a couple of small changes - I didn't have a ripe avocado so I blanched some broccoli florets and I added sliced green onions. I think with this recipe anything goes! The Serrano peppers were a little too hot for us so next time I will use JalapeƱo peppers. 

It was a huge hit and satisfied something deep.  The mint, cilantro and basil combo were incredible as well as the sweet, salty, tangy flavor in the sauce.

One word of advice that Lindsay says over and over again - Do NOT smell the fish sauce!  Mr. B didn't see that and he did smell it stating that "You will ruin this recipe if you use this!"  I am not a seafood person but I have cooked with Fish Sauce before.  It just adds a deeper layer to the flavors.

Thanks to Lindsay for the great recipe and I am excited to say we will be having leftovers for dinner tonight! Make it.....you will be glad you did!


1 comment:

  1. I'm making this. Great post. Her vietnamese chicken salad looks good too. I have a large bottle of fish sauce which lasts forever because you only use a few drops at a time. Tell Mr. B It's made of anchovies and he won't object so much next time...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...