Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Praying

Song - Wishin' and Hopin' by Dusty Springfield



This morning I went out to the car to run some errands and who do you think I found?







I haven't seen a Praying Mantis in over 20 years.

Luckily I was putting some shopping bags in on the passenger side so I spotted him before driving away. They are considered beneficial insects as they like to dine on flies, crickets, moths and mosquitoes......and sometimes the female will eat her mate!!!






After this series of "head shots", I carefully moved her from the car to a nearby bush.



"Praying Mantis Folklore"


  • In some parts of Africa, it is considered good luck if one of these curious creatures lands on you.

 --From the Farmers Almanac 1792

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...