Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Mountains Are Calling




In the mountains of Tahoe, I am at my second home.  My grandparents, father & uncles built a little cabin here in the late 1950’s on Forest Service land at the base of Mt. Tallac.  For me it’s my heart & souls place to reconnect with nature and myself. 



Over the weekend all three of our sons and their wives or girlfriends came up to join us. My heart was full seeing them share their boyhood memories with their significant others. 




On Saturday we spent the day at the beach and then had dinner at the cabin. Sunday we drove to Angora Lake were they rented a boat and rowed around the little Alpine lake.   We had planned to go out to dinner but the traffic around the lake was so bad that I made a big bowl of Pasta Salad & we enjoyed another evening at the cabin visiting & playing Canasta!  Everyone took off early on Monday so Mr. B & I have been relaxing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...