Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Returning to France Day 7

Song - These Are the Days by Van Morrison


Jackie, Sydney and I got up early and headed to Pierre Herme's bakery near Saint-Sulpice.  We stood in line, in the rain to get a fresh croissant.  They are popular and go very quickly!


It was so hard to choose once I saw all of that goodness in front of me!




.....but it was just breakfast time!


 So I stuck with my original decision and got a croissant....but it was a Passion Fruit crossiant!



 Oh my graciousness was it wonderful! Every last crumb!




 With our souls having been filled by that yummy croissant we ventured around the corner to Odorantes - a tiny flower shop filled with sweet peas, peonies, ranunculus, freesias etc.  They were not quite open for business yet so we headed over to some other local shops.



Cire Trudon a candlemakers shop.....


Souleiado a Provencal fabric & clothing shop.......


 A few posies were around the corner in Le Marche Saint Germain and begged to be photographed....





 After dropping off our purchases at the hotel we Ubered over to E. Dehillerin in the 1st Arr. for our copper fix!




 I have been known to bring home copper pots for Mr. B in my suitcase - large ones too! This time I spotted a small pan with a very beautiful shape but figured that I would wait to buy it until Mr. B and I return to Paris in a few weeks. No sense lugging it around France for all of that time.



And guess what time it is?   Yup.  Lunchtime!  We wanted to eat at Cinq-Mars near the Musee d'Orsay but there was a 30 minute wait as we did not have any reservations. So we walked around the block and did some window shopping.....well maybe stepped inside a few places.  Like this cheese shop - just for a quick sniff!








By then it was time to be seated at the cafe and eat.........something yummy!



Sydney and I each ordered the Morel mushroom omelette...... 




And Jackie had the asparagus and terrine......




Once again our souls were happy!


Sydney took off to explore while Jackie & I headed back to our hotel to wash our hair.  No dinner tonight as we were all too full!


"In France, cooking is a serious art form
 and a national sport." 

 -- Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...