Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Friday, April 20, 2018

Day Tripping in France

So very sorry for not posting an occasional blog from France but Google blogger will not let me access my photos.  Trust me as I have tried several time per day but apparently with this new edition bloggers are frustrated around the world.  Google is aware of the problem and they are “working on it”.

But for right now let me just share with you that my 10 days in Paris with two girlfriends were so full of fun, beauty, friendship, food, flowers, laughter, shopping & art that I can barely contain myself! They few back to California on Wednesday and Mr. B joined us Tuesday night and we have been visiting the Loire Valley for the past few days.

Tomorrow we head to the Dordogne region and stay in Sarlat.

Today we are off to Villandy & their amazing Gardens......if Mr. B can find his passport.   Oye vey. Never a dull moment!

Au revoir


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you cleared that up. I was wondering... I went to Sarlat in the 80s and I bet it hasn't changed much. Are you going to Albi for Toulouse Lautrec if that is near?Or I bet you have seen that, you world travelers.\\

    I can access my photos here, i.e. the floods and record rainfall we just experienced in Kauai. Great timing!!!
    I;m glad you are having such a great trip. I look forward to reading all about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have only been to Sarlat once on a Market day many years ago so I really can’t compare. Last night we walked & dined on the wide pedestrian boulevards filled with diners, music, children playing & people strolling with their dogs. It was magical with the golden stone buildings lit up at night.

      Delete
    2. I love those magical moments, I wish I were there. But it's fun to be back here too. Today is a BBQ at the Miller's for Athena's birthday.
      Are you on the train, or did you drive down? Have you ever visited Eugenie Les Bains with Michel Guerards famous restaurant and beautiful estate. I have fond memories.He must be getting old but I think he's still chefing.

      Delete
  2. Mr. B & I drove down from Paris We are supposed to take the train back up from Avignon but there are huge train strikes going on here until June. That is one of their scheduled days to strike. It’s a mess. I just checked out your recommendation and it looks incredible. The meals, lodging, gardens, cooking classes all look like a treasure. Unfortunately we are not going near there but I am putting it on my list for our next visit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate those strikes. Air controllers were also on strike when we last left Nice causing our flight to be cancelled.
    Thinking about it now, I'm not sure I saw Sarlat, but I know my friend Louise and I stayed in Tremolat at a darling place. There's an ancient photo of me having cafe au lait at an outside table in the spring. I'll find it and scan it.

    Good luck, I guess Mr. B must have found his passport. Everything is nerve-racking when traveling and I've turned into a nervous Nelly in my old age. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. B has turned into an Italian grandma.....worried about everything but I’m doing Ok except for me my laryngitis. Can’t get a word in edgewise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...