Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reverence

Song - The Afterlife by Paul Simon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G-BP3qwZ-I&sns=em

(Sorry gang but I just don't know the technology to insert a song with my iPad like I usually do from my PC....which is now toast. You'll have to tap on the link above to hear Paul's song!)

Today in Carol Marine's workshop we worked (and worked) on painting glass & flowers. (OK Joanne & Marcy - quit chuckling)




Above is Carol's beginning stage which looks fairly dark. Below is the finished painting...pretty amazing huh? I just love her style.





I am enjoying my stay at The Immaculate Heart of Mary. It has given me a different view of simple day to day living and how to have reverence for so much in my own life.

I think because here I have time to reflect on life. At home it's time to do laundry, dishes, pay bills, take the dogs to the vets, take out the garbage, yadda, yadda, yadda....you know the drill!


While here I want/need simple order in my life. There is a place for the two pair of shoes I brought with me, I make my little (hard) bed every morning, I get up early to watch the sunrise, there is a communal breakfast & lunch served to us that is dairy-vegan-glutin-wheat free and is some of the best food I have ever eaten, the shower is lukewarm but it's OK, I have time to settle into my bones and enjoy the sound of silence.



I drove through the little town of Santa Fe after our workshop today and as I returned I noticed a fire on the mountains behind the mission. Hope all is well...






"Without an awareness of your emotions you are not able to experience reverence. Reverence is not an emotion. It is a way of being, but the path to reverence is through your heart, and only an awareness of your feelings can open your heart."

--The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...