Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Saturday, June 2, 2012

What if?

What if we could change our planet one person at a time?

 

 Song - It's Not Easy Being Green - Kermit


Chive flower


I have a friend, Taya -  who just began a blog about composting, cooking and giving back to the earth.

http://meandmygreenbin.blogspot.com/


Hope you will check it out and say "Hi" to her for me!

A little friend on my tomato stakes



Meanwhile, I have had several friends and family members dealing with various surgeries and healing.


So last week Mr. B and I did up a few dinners to try and help out.



Mr. B marinaded flattened chicken overnight and then grilled it the next day. It was super moist and tasty.  Here is the link for Ina Garten's Tuscan Lemon Chicken




I made a Orzo Salad with Asparagus and tomato.  It was good but needs some livening up.  I would probably add more garlic and some Champagne Vinegar next time.

Orzo Salad with Tomatoes and Asparagus




I also found these cute little candle holders just that morning and they added a "Tuscan" feel with some garden Lavender and Lemons. 



So to bring it full circle....Taya inspired me to start composting again!

Go world!

 
“Grace is available for each of us every day - our spiritual daily bread - but we've got to remember to ask for it with a grateful heart and not worry about whether there will be enough for tomorrow.” - Sarah Ban Breathnach




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...