Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First One in the Water

Song - Surfin' USA by The Beach Boys

For years now, I have really wanted to attempt painting a "Woodie" so I have been wanting to go to Santa Cruz and see "Woodies on the Wharf". So this last Saturday I had it circled in red on my calendar.

                                       

But it was not meant to be.....as we ended up having commitments at home.


Mr. B and I were able to head on down the next day to enjoy some time in the ocean air.




The weather was incredible.  It was so clear that you could see across the Monterey Bay!






 We spent time with my parents at their cabin and then the four of us headed to the Wharf for dinner.

I'm not a big seafood lover and after seeing this guy in the window, I opted for the prawns.

Fond memories from my youth but now I'd like to keep my teeth!


After dinner we strolled down the wharf and watched people enjoying the Boardwalk.

A tank of fresh crab

The Big Dipper

Cocoanut Grove

Warm evening to sail


On Monday morning Mr. B and I had breakfast on the Wharf and watched the surfers near the Lighthouse.








Small swells but they seemed to be having fun!


The closest I got to a "Woodie"





  

I discovered a mama seagull on top of an outbuilding on the wharf



She seemed to be saying "What are you looking at?"




Then a little head popped up and I realized she was protecting her little brood.




"Hey, what are you looking at?"

.....I mean haven't you ever seen Spiderman playing a guitar before?

"Hey, what are you looking at? oops! I mean....check me out!"
 



"You'd catch 'em surfin' at Del Mar, Ventura County Line, Santa Cruz and Trestles." - The Beach Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...