Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quite Solitude


"Winter Solitude"
by Jeanette Baird
Acrylic 15" x 30"
 Lake Tahoe has always been a special place for me and my family.  My grandparents bought a cabin there when I was about 3 and I have spent every summer up there since.  The cabin sits at the base of Mt. Tallac near a beautiful meadow and spring creek.  Fall is my favorite time to spend there as the crowds have all gone home, the days are still warm but the nights are crisp.  My good friend, Jill loves to ski, so we go to North Shore in the winter.  This painting was done from a balcony off our room while the sun was setting behind the mountains. A lonely kyaker sits on the icy lake and watches the day come to a beautiful end.


"It is only with one's heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
"On  ne  voit  bien  qu' avec  le  coeur.  L' essentiel  est invisible  pour  les  yeux ." -
Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...