Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Tanagers Are Back

Song - Western Tanager Call





Can you spot him?


On Friday my son Andy spotted one on the dead tree near our creek 
but then he flitted away before I could get my camera or binoculars.





Then on Sunday I spotted two outside my office window on the pergola eating the grapes.
I looked at my blog and found that the last time they were in my neighborhood 
was in May 2016.






But by the time I located my camera and put on the telephoto lens....they were gone.





So now I have my camera on my desk so that is how I captured these photos yesterday.

Unfortunately, he is not singing but panting as it was 103 degrees outside.


 

I had Mr. B move a bird bath nearby
 and a friend told me to place some ice cubes in there to keep it cool.




Now I have to figure out what to do with my other grape eaters - time for a new squirt gun!




"The highway of life is filled 
with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision."
 -- John C. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...