Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Monday, August 21, 2017

Luna

Song - Moon Shadow by Cat Stevens



So on Monday morning, I awoke early and got my solar eclipse supplies ready.....two pinhole cards, a cheese grater (because I read somewhere that multiple holes look really cool) and my ever ready camera.



But it was overcast and not expected to clear until noon - the eclipse was happening between 9:30-11am.  So I headed over to my mother's house and we sat on her back deck and waited.



And then we saw it between breaks in the clouds.....



We had fun waiting for the sun-moon to peek out from the clouds and it sure did.





Mr. B stopped by for awhile and tried to be my mom's eclipse glasses when it got bright. He is a conscientious son-in-law and loves mom.




Now my brother on the other hand headed up to Oregon and got to experience the total eclipse with his family.  He said it got very cool and the street lights came on. There was also the look of a 360 degree sunrise around them. Now they are stuck in traffic.....





"Yeah, we all shine on.  
Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun."
--John Lennon

2 comments:

  1. Dean and I knew it would be socked in in Berkeley so we had planned to drive to Walnut Creek. But when we passed your neck of the woods it was Still FOGGY so we kept heading toward the sun which we finally found in a church parking lot on Ignacio Valley Road past Heather Farms. Once we got out, more people stopped and we shared our eclipse glasses and had a grand time. I found the glasses on Friday at the Oakland Public Library, nothing like the last minute, and they were great. Some folks had boxes over their heads etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. B said that people were pulled over on Hwy. 24 watching and it looked more like a parking lot. I hope you took a photo of people with boxes on their heads. That would have been fun to watch!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...