Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

TBT with Great Grandma Mary

Song - Choppin Wood by Van Morrison




Maria Bernadina Clauser Gembrini









There she is in 1961.....my Great Grandmother at 76 years of age and she is showing my brother David (standing) and my cousin Billy how to split firewood.  I love how she has a wedge and a maul as well as an apron on because she was probably cooking up some trout for dinner and saw the boys out of the window.  She was a tough ol' gal and lived to be 98.



Note from Grandma Sophie (Mary's daughter & my grandmother) on the back of the photo.


 My parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles were all still building the cabin in Tahoe at the time.  We used a big pot belly stove for heat as well as cooking so we needed plenty of firewood. We also had a washer with a ringer on top and the clothes would dry on a line between the trees.


Oh the fun we had up there in Tahoe!


"Behind every great man is a woman 
rolling her eyes." - Jim Carrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...