Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Small but Mighty

Song - Little Bitty Pretty One by Frankie Lymon


 Late in the afternoon, just before dinner, Mr. B and I like to sit on the back deck with a glass of wine and watch the birds come & go.  The other evening there was a Green Heron sitting in a dead tree near the bank of our creek.


Upon closer inspection, we noticed that he was being "buzzed" by a little bitty - Hummingbird!










 Now the Heron kept his eye on that Hummingbird but that didn't stop the little fellow.



Which way did he go?




He's not behind me.....









Oh yeah, he is!!!!

It's the skank eye, stare-down portion of the show.




And a final happy good-bye buzz from the little Hummer!



"Hummingbirds are incredibly powerful. They are the only bird whose flight power comes from the upstroke as well as the down stroke. They teach us not to judge power by appearance."

2 comments:

  1. I thought you had problems capturing birds on film---no more. I was once buzzed by a hummingbird at our front door. It scared me because I didn't see anything, just a very loud buzz in my ear. I thought it was the voice of God, until I figured it out. Or maybe it was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha....maybe it was! I have several Hummingbird feeders and when I get too close they buzz me as well, even if I am trying to replace their nectar. Sometimes they battle each other over the food. I think they are very territorial!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...