Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Plum Village

What can I say? I miscalculated....

 

 

 

Today I was supposed to be in a full day of meditation at Thich Nhat Hanh's Plum Village in Southern France. Lay people are welcome on certain Thursdays & Sundays. When I looked online yesterday to see which Hamlet it would be at, it said.......nothing.......nada....nope....not going to happen on Sunday!

 

But starting on this Thursday, Thich Nhat Hanh would be leading the meditation for the next few weeks.

 

 

Thursday?

 

 

But.........I........won't.....be.....here......Thursday.......

 

I cried a little.

 

And then a little more.

 

 

Then Mr. B offered to drive me by the Upper Hamlet on Sunday just to see it.

 

 

I sniffled a little.

 

I tried to be brave and told myself that Mindfulness comes from within.

 

 

Then I had a glass of wine, a great dinner, a good nights sleep and everything looked better this morning!

 

This afternoon I was able to walk around the Hamlet while the monks were preparing for a long retreat that begins tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

I am so happy for being able to take this journey with Mr. B!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...