Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Friday, September 12, 2014

Goats and Bats!

This morning I learned the proper way to eat goat cheese for breakfast in Chinon.

 

 

Pour on a little local honey and crack a few walnuts on top. Voila!

 

 

 

Mr. B had alternative plans....Chinon or not....he is attempting to taste his way through every jam produced in this region.

 

 

 

The resident cat, Booby, meowing at my feet for a little petting & a little food.

 

 

Leaving the Loire, we headed to the Perigoid on little two lane roads. This happens to be a wide road in the photo but I just love the long rows of plane trees!

 

 

We stopped at several churches and several castles. I seem to be on a Joan of Arc route lately. One castle we just happened upon was where Joan of Arc stopped to asked for War Horses, which she was granted.

 

 

Bon nuit!

 

PS: a gargantuan bat just flew into our room as we were getting ready for sleep. Mr. B shooed him out with a bath towel after about five minutes! Time to lock our terrace door.......no more of that fresh air for us!

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. mmmm OMG that GOAT CHEESE! I think you and I have a breakfast date in our future when you return, my dear! yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...