Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Angels are Singing




This morning I woke to snow on the distant mountains in Colorado. After a quick breakfast I drove around Trinidad and took a few photos for my family tree.




The streets there are paved with bricks made in Trinidad. I tried to bring one home but all of the business that sell them were closed as it was Sunday. I drove around to some deserted lots but the only loose bricks I could find were attached to a lot of concrete. Heavy concrete. My luggage barely made it on to the plane as it was with all of my painting supplies!



Then I spent about 3 hours at the local cemetery trying to find long lost relatives and reading interesting headstones. Many of the headstones have photographs on them and I remembered that was a custom in Italy as well.






The mountains are beginning to change colors and it was a beautiful but long drive back to Santa Fe. Once again lightening strikes all around me but just a little rain.

My friend Nancy Hartley (http://nancyhartleysartadventures.blogspot.com/) has a second home in Santa Fe and invited all of the artists participating in Carol Marines workshop over for wine & appetizers. It was a beautiful evening!




Tonight however.....I am staying at a convent that used to be a TB Sanitarium and i am listening to the Carmelite Sisters sing downstairs while I write this blog. It is so tranquil and they sound like angels! Dang, I wish I could sing....harrumph.



I have a sparse little room with a dresser, writing table and (gulp) a hard twin bed and it's all mine for this whole week!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...