Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kindergarten


 Song - Better Together by Jack Johnson

Do you remember your first day of Kindergarten?  

Cots & blankets, graham crackers & milk, the play ground, monkey bars, "duck, duck, goose", new crayons & trying to stay inside the lines, new friends, hand prints in plaster, learning to use scissors, using "inside voices", wooden blocks and a teacher that made you feel special?

Or the first day you dropped your child off for Kindergarten and cried all of the way home?





My son's girlfriend, Ashley will be starting her first day of Kindergarten in a few days - as a new teacher.  She is creative, tender, smart and dear so I know her "children" will be well taken care of.

I just wanted to send her my love and support on this very special day! Also, to those of you who may be sending your children back to school soon - it will all be fine.



First Day of Kindergarten

I gave you a little wink and smile
as you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
and know your child must stay.
You’ve been with him for five years now
and have been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
to leave him at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
and tears down your cheeks may flow
I’ll love him as I would my own
and help him learn and grow.
So please put your mind at ease
and cry those tears no more
For I will love him and take him in
when you leave him at my door.


“It is hard to be brave, when you're only a Very Small Animal.” - Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...