Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hot Summer Nights


 Heatwave by Martha & The Vandella's

My dad at the Boardwalk beach a few years ago!



Just returned from 3 days in Santa Cruz with Mr. B, Andy & Ashley and Max. 

Mika got to stay with Grandma & Grandpa and get spoiled for a few days. 




It has been so hot here in California that the hills are brittle and brown while the trees are begin to show signs of distress. Everyone and everything is "crisping up" - is that a word?




However, Santa Cruz was beautiful up in the Redwood forest.





Our first night there we dined out on the Wharf.  For the life of me I could not get a good photo of the Boardwalk with all of rides whizzing by in full color.  (I think I had better read my camera manual!)




Is it plumb Mr. B.?


The guys worked on the cabin deck.  This has been a real team effort as everyone goes down to work as they find the time. Notice how Mr. B supervises while Andy is "in the trenches"???





Ashley and I fed the guys and worked on individual projects inside as it was warm even there. However, late one afternoon she took me for a joyride in my parents golf cart.  I didn't know golf carts could go so fast!!!

Just kidding, she was an excellent driver and we enjoyed taking a tour of the park with Max sitting between us.




Max supervised the guys work from inside the cabin and he made sure that Ashley & I were safe from big dogs that would walk by.


On Saturday evening we played a wild game of shuffleboard.  We were not too sure of the correct rules but Andy & I are sure that we skunked Mr. B & Ashley!!!



Huveros Rancheros casserole with a poached egg on top


This morning the guys did some work and then the four of us went to Gayle's Bakery in Capitola for Brunch.  Yum-oooh.


If you have never been there, it's a great spot for some wonderful food, casual dining or getting something to go and heading to the beach for a picnic! 

Always a hit with my boys - Fresh Fruit Tartlettes

Cute "broken plate" tables at Gayles


One question for my brother Tim.....what's up with this addition? You used 45 screws for a temporary little step?  Mmmmm......I had better check the receipt book for the cost of that item!







Mr. B checking out the decks progress....



Looks plumb to me!


 Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.  ~Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...