Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Mountains are Calling

Sunset from Sunnyside Lodge
The mountains are calling and I MUST go.....

I am heading to the Sierra's for a few days with 5 girlfriends for our annual retreat.

Well, it's kind of a retreat, in that it is very relaxing. 

But it's not like a spiritual retreat in that there is a lot of good wine, story telling and laughter....well maybe that is my new idea of a spiritual retreat!!

We are heading for Lake Tahoe for a few days.  My old stomping grounds!  I feel it in my bones...you know that pull to be in the mountains. 

Half Dome
I came across this time lapse video on Pinterest yesterday.  It is photographed by Shawn Reeder in Yosemite over a two year period.  It is just mesmerizing to watch the clouds and stars and light pass over the mountains and landscape.  Beautiful soundtrack as well!

I hope you find some time in your day to enjoy the beauty that Shawn shares with us here.


Yosemite Range of Light by Shawn Reeder



It is funny that I never went to Yosemite as a child and yet it is so close.  My parents took me there for the first time on a day trip while I was home from college.


 

My mom went with her family when she was a teen.
Neither look too impressed.  (Love the outfit mom!)

I think Grandpa's car was giving him trouble so he wasn't too happy.



Ever since then I have gone once or twice a year. 

Sometimes I take plein air painting classes there from my mentor Marcy Wheeler.




Sometimes I go there with my girlfriends, or to take basket weaving classes from Julia Parker.

Splitting the reeds



Gathering the reeds



But my favorite time is going with Mr. B to relax and watch him fly fish. 

It is a thing of beauty.





The Awahnee Dining Room



"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."  --John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...