Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Monday, April 30, 2012

Birthday Party Time

 Song - Happy Birthday - The Beatles

Last evening we had a quadruple birthday celebration BBQ.

A very happy birthday to Tyler, Ashley, Tom & Barbara!
 
The weather was beautiful, the company divine, the food was delicious and the birthday's were celebrated with a few close friends. 

What more does one need?

Oh yeah....a martini....remember that martini I told you about last month when Mr. B and I were in Arizona.  Well, I decided it would be fun to greet people as they arrived with a "Summer Solstice Martini".  Mmmmm....so good!





So I thought I would share the recipe with you and see what you think?


SUMMER SOLSTICE MARTINI - Inspired by AZ88
  • 2 1/2 ounces raspberry vodka
  • 1 ounce Cointreau
  • 1 ounce Rose's lime juice
  • 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
  • 2 ounces orange juice 
  • Place in an ice filled martini shaker and give it a good shake.  Pour into martini glass and add a slice of orange.  Enjoy!


Hope you try it sometime this summer!

"I bought a piano once because I had the dream of playing As Time Goes By as some girl's leaning on it drinking a martini. Great image. But none of it worked out. I can't even play Chopsticks. But I've got a nice piano at my house!"  -- George Clooney



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...