Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Subtleties

  1. The quality or state of being subtle.
  2. A subtle distinction, feature, or argument.


Today in my "Picture Fall" class with Tracey Clark our assignment was "subtleties" (capturing an image in one color or value).  I had to dig into my digital photo albums to pull up a recent one as it was raining today and I had painting class this morning and critique this afternoon and besides, the dog ate my homework!

PS - Every once in a while I have to do this, pull something from my stash, as I just can't capture an appropriate image (for 4 classes) everyday!!! But being the "good girl" that I am, I feel very, very guilty about it.....OK?




So the photo I pulled up was one from last month when my son Jon and his wonderful girlfriend, Megan, went horseback riding at a little stable near our cabin in Lake Tahoe. 

It was early morning but the horses had already been out for their first ride.  I was attracted to the beauty in the knot that the horse was tied up to the rail.  It had many subtle colors as well as the horse's legs in the background was ready to go on the next trail ride.



"I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe? -- Kate Chopin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...