Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Laundry in the Woods

Last week, while I was still in Tahoe, I had some laundry that needed washing. Now normally I would of jumped in my car & gone to the closest laundry mat but on this day I was painting at the cabin and wanted to stay put. So I remembered how my mom & aunts would pull out the old wringer washing machine once a week & hang the clothes on a line in a sunny spot in the forest to dry. They talked & laughed while doing this chore together while us 12 cousins would run through the hanging clothes and chase each other. On this day last week, nostalgia hit and I decided to do the same. Although the old wringer machine is long gone, I had a Zen like moment washing my clothes in the deep kitchen sink, then hanging them on the line to dry.


     
“After enlightenment, the laundry.”
 Zen Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...