Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Capturing Images

Original photo
Photography and Photoshop have been an incredible creative outlet for me recently.  I had someone ask me if it's the same as a darkroom.  I have to say no....and yes, but different. My older brother had a darkroom for awhile in my father's workshop and I remember how much I loved developing black and white photos. You can do that and so much more in Photoshop.  It is a digital program and you have the ability to manipulate your photos in so many ways. I am still a beginner with it and don't know how to work with all of the features but I'm having fun!



On Monday of this week I had an assignment with my online Big Picture class - Picture Color and it was to "tweak" a photo to look vintage. I have to say that there are so many women in this class that are professional photographers and so many gifted women (hundreds) that take incredible photo's.  I was delighted when my photo of an old Nomad, Bel Air car was chosen by the teacher, Tracey Clark to be posted on Shutter Sisters, an incredible online site that features great photography.  Check it out!

www.bigpictureclasses.com
www.traceyclark.com
http://shuttersisters.com/picturecolor




"There was a time in my life when I thought I had everything - millions of dollars, mansions, cars, nice clothes, beautiful women, and every other materialistic thing you can imagine. Now I struggle for peace." - Richard Pryor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...