Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blossoms

Blossoms are all around me today. Late yesterday afternoon after I finished packing, I poured myself a glass of wine and went outside to water my lovely little potted flowers. It was a beautiful Spring evening and walking around my garden always has a soothing effect on me. I pay attention to the details. I notice what needs my attention, what's beginning to bloom, I listen and watch the birds, I notice the light changing color and I mentally plan what changes I might make in the garden or in my life. It's a transitioning time between a busy day and getting ready for evening.

Today however, I am trying to embrace this fear I have of flying.  An old habitual fear? Or maybe I'm just overwhelmed with the idea of the chaos of traveling in general? Or the notion of uncertainty?  But whatever it is, I need to examine it and embrace it.  As Pema Chodron says " We are all very familiar with the experience of fear escalating, or the experience of running away from fear. But have we ever taken the time to truly touch our fear, to be present with it and experience it fully?  Do we know what it might mean to smile at fear?"

Today I will walk on that plane with a smile!

I know I have used this quote before but it seems especially appropriate today......

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."  --Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...