Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting Un-stuck!


Narcissus

Iceland Poppy

The last two days I have been working on several new paintings for two new gallery shows.  When I am under pressure to complete something in an allotted time, my creativity doesn't flow naturally and I find myself constantly distracted.  Yesterday I struggled all day long and ended up painting over the portrait that I had been working so hard on!  So I woke up this morning with a new attitude.  I decided that I would take some breaks during the day and before I began to paint, I would have a game plan.  What a surprise, it was a much better day!  I took a break first thing this morning and walked around our yard looking at and enjoying nature.  Then I took three deep breaths and planned what I needed to do to resolve some issues with my paintings.  At noon, I took a lunch break and sat in the sunshine coming through the studio window.  Later in the day as the shadows got long, I went outside again with my new camera and shot some photo's of my garden.  It was interesting that most of the plants that are blooming are white.  Is that because I tend to gravitate towards a white & green garden design or is it because of something in nature where more white plants flower in the winter?  Mmmmm....I'll have to investigate! 


Snowdrops

"The earth laughs in flowers" - Ralph Waldo Emerson. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...