Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Friday, September 13, 2019

Blissful Moments

Song - Sierra by Boz Scaggs




I have been "unplugged" for the last three weeks up in Lake Tahoe......

I was busy watching wildflowers grow......




....and big puffy clouds move across the sky......

We had warm weather, lightening storms, hail and brilliant sunshine.
 

 
There were ice creams to enjoy at Camp Richardson....





....and a 40th Anniversary to celebrate at Sunnyside.





 My mom came for a few days and enjoyed dipping her toes in the lake.







 After beach time I would return to the cabin to paint, read or enjoy a wild game of Canasta!






Mr. B enjoying a glass of wine with lunch at the Beacon.






An Osprey was spotted on the way home from Angora Lake.....





.....and a Red-Breasted Nuthatch near the cabin.....





....as well as Flickers in the late afternoon.






And chubby cheeked chipmunks ran to and fro getting ready for Fall.

 

And Mr. B got in lots of walks and swims in the lake.


BUT my very favorite part of all.....




...was a visit from this little cutie - my grandson Henry!

He got to dip his toes into Lake Tahoe and.....




...took a warm bath in the cabin's deep kitchen sink!






You know the saying "Go Jump in the Lake"!

Henry's dad and uncle did!!!






 I spotted a mama bear across the street from our cabin.  She had three little cubs stumbling along beside her.  I couldn't get a clear photo of the cubs as she was being protective......





....but later in the day Mr. B found them down another street in the forest.

And that's what I did on my summer vacation.  How about you?


"Laughter is an instant vacation."
--Milton Berle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...