Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Flowers From A Stranger

Song - Where Have All The Flowers Gone by The Kingston Trio





A large FedEx delivery van pulled into our driveway this morning and Mr. B was there to greet him.  He walked back into the kitchen with this massive box of flowers and a puzzled look on his face.

Mr. B said "these flowers are for you......but..........I.......didn't......buy........them............"



I should of played along for awhile but the look on his face was melting my heart.





We are having a 90th birthday party for my mom in a few weeks and I had bought them online a few days ago to see what kind of quality they were for $1 per stem. YES - $1 - the business is called Dollar Hydrangea and they are flown in from South America.  As you can see from the photo above they come a little squished in the box but just give them a gentle shake after you remove the packaging and they fluff right up!




 The stems are all tightly rubber banded with water sacks so all you need do is re-cut the stems and place them in tepid water. 

Then E...N...J...O...Y!






 The minimum you need to purchase is 40 stems and free shipping. 





I now have four and a half large arrangements that are beautiful.


Some friends on Instagram turned me on to this company. The company offers two types of white flowers, two of blue flowers or two of lime green flowers.




I got them all cut and placed in vases around the house, then I looked out my back door.




Zipper the squirrel is a gymnast now.....don't even get me started with this guy!



"When I walk with you
I feel as if I had a
flower in my buttonhole."

--William Makepeace Thackeray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...