Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

'Tis Autumn

Song - 'Tis Autumn by Red Garland





Picked a basket full of Lady Apples the other day and I hope to prepare them for the freezer after having a few fresh ones on top of our salads.





The dogwood tree is enticing me with her beautiful colors.....



And our October Glory Maple is changing overnight into a show stopper.  Every Thanksgiving we take family photos in front of this tree when she is at her peak.




However, everyone is not on the same page - "It's Autumn" so why are my spring bulbs blooming now? Confusing weather we are having?






While I was filling up my bird feeders this morning, I noticed this hawk flying high in the sky looking for some tasty tidbit. As I walked over to our creek, I saw some large water rings and figured there was a large fish beneath the surface.  Then there were more and a creature came up for air.....there were two otters playing!  They slowly made their way downstream before I could grab my camera.  But I'll tell you - it was magical!



"Happy Fact: Otters hold hands while they sleep 
so they don't float away from each other."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...