Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Now Exhale


Song - Dark-Eyed (Oregon) Junco with a Mirror Fixation


What began as going to a wedding in the Sierra's, became adding a few extra days to the weekend to celebrate my birthday, which became two weeks of bliss in Lake Tahoe!

Here is my escape partner in crime.....



Mr. B came up on weekends and I had a friend come up for a couple of days but other than that it was just Mika and me.




Painting.....beach......meditating.....reading.......music......journaling.....wildflowers......bird watching......star gazing......walks.......ahhhh.....





The fresh young leaves on the Aspen trees against Tahoe's amazing blue sky took my breath away.




And every morning about 4:15 the birds would start singing their little hearts out.  They were busy finding food, a mate and designing nests.




I had one bird (a Junco) that loved his reflection so much that he would not leave my back bumper alone.  All day long and day after day, he would admire himself.  Until the last day when he brought a friend along to check out how beautiful he was as well!



I came home on Monday with about 4 inches of bird poop on my bumper!




Mr. B took me to Sunnyside for my birthday dinner.  We had one of our favorite tables right by the lake so we could watch the sunset.  Good food, great wine and wonderful company - what more could a girl ask for?

Well maybe a clean bumper????


"Perfectly ordered disorder designed with a helter-skelter magnificence." --Emily Carr when looking at a forest

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Last year you were afraid of the bears and now you're naming them and following them at what appears to be close range with a camera. Where, exactly is your lovely cabin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family cabin was built in about 1956 and is located at the base of Mt. Tallac between Emerald Bay and Fallen Leaf Lake. It is the perfect blend between a very quiet, natural area and not being too isolated. I feel very grounded in this place!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...