Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Soul Full




Without infringing on anyone's privacy, I need to share.  

I have an amazing friend. 

I smile just saying those words.

She is very ill.

I have been sending good energy her way and saying many prayers.

As are many others.

 

Today I meditated facing east, as the sun was setting behind me.

I got so much comfort from this.

I was reminded that her soul needs to do what it needs.  Not what mine wants, not what her loving family and dear friends want.  

Her soul may need encouragement by prayer and energy of so many who love her but probably not.  

Her soul probably already knows.....somewhere deep inside, how loved she is. 

But it can't hurt.




“Bodhichitta is our heart—our wounded, softened heart. Right down there in the thick of things, we discover the love that will not die. This love is bodhichitta. It is gentle and warm; it is clear and sharp; it is open and spacious. The awakened heart of bodhichitta is the basic goodness of all beings.”--Pema Chodron


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...