Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Winter's Day

Song - I am a Rock by Simon & Garfunkel


Painting and prepping for Christmas has kept me indoors for the last few weeks.  But today I needed to drain some water from the swimming pool due to the amount of rain we have had lately in California!  On my way out to the pool I passed a few beauties....

Even though it is Winter, there is still activity in the garden this time of year.


My Sweet Pea's have begun to climb......


And fragrant Alyssum is growing everywhere!





Camellia's are budding and flowering.  I had just picked three beautiful flowers from this bush which is one of the few remaining plants from the previous owners.  Thank you Nancy!




There is one last leaf left on our Callery Pear trees.



The Rosemary is blooming.......




Mother Ferns are still growing baby ferns......




Lemons are ready for picking.......




The roses are making one final attempt....






My large urns of Salvia are beautiful this time of year......









The Primroses return year after year.....




My Daphne bush is ready to scent the entire garden!





Sweet little Forget Me Not's are blooming everywhere! Little darlin' - I won't forget you!



A few lingering Hydrangea blossoms....



A hopeful Geranium bud......





Time for some tea and garden lemons.....


I know you will find some beauty in your winter day today!

"Every gardener knows under the cloak of winter lies a miracle...a seed waiting to sprout, a bulb opening to light, a bud straining to unfurl.  And the anticipation nurtures our dreams."
 -- Barbara Winkler

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...