Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Little Cooing Going On

Song - Bird Song by The Wailin' Jennys




Last week I posted about the Mourning Dove that built a nest on Mr. B's ladder in our side yard.

She (or he) is still there!





Since posting, I have done some research on Mourning Doves and found out that the male sits on the nest during the day so the female can feed and then the female sits on the nest during the night giving the male a break. 

However, I also found out that the female is always on time but the male occasionally will leave the nest a little early.  Sound familiar?





My oldest son, Andy had to go and one-up me by sending me a photo of his Mourning Dove at work.......mmmmm......I think his wins for most beautifully decorated!








At the Getty museum over the weekend, I found this lovely little painting with Doves nesting in a the helmet of Mars.


Detail from Mars and Venus, an Allegory for Peace by Louis-Jean-Francois Lagrenee



“To be fully alive, fully human, and completely awake is to be continually thrown out of the nest. To live fully is to be always in no-man's-land, to experience each moment as completely new and fresh. To live is to be willing to die over and over again. ” - Pema Chodron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...