Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cuppa Tea


Song - Tea for Two by Art Tatum

On these colder than usual California days, I like to make a cup of tea in the late afternoon.










The sky is gray and it's getting dark,

it's been a full day, 




the birds are trying 

to elbow the squirrels

off of the bird feeders

for one last bit of seed,

















the heater just clicked on, 

the house is oh so quiet,

soon it will be time to get dinner started 






but for now it's tea time!



I get out my ingredients.

























Fire up the kettle.

















 Warm up my teapot with hot water.






The last few weeks, I have been enjoying "Blue Eyes" by Lindsay's tea.

 

It is a blend of hibiscus, rose hips, delicate sky-blue cornflower blossoms, orange peels & sweet apples that are mixed to create this flavored blend.

And what I love most is......it makes my tea........



a lovely shade of Cranberry pink!



I place a cozy on top of my tea pot, curl up in a comfy chair and watch as the sky goes dark.



According to George Orwell  A Nice Cup of Tea by George Orwell  tea making has 11 steps in making a proper cup of tea, #6 is to bring the pot to the kettle as the water should be boiling at the time of impact! (oh dear, I think I have been doing it the opposite way all of this time!!)



And according to John Lennon....
“Yoko, you’re supposed to first put the tea bags in, and then the hot water.”
One night, however, John came up with “I was talking to Aunt Mimi this afternoon and she says you are supposed to put the hot water in first. Then the tea bag. I could swear she taught me to put the tea bag in first, but…”
“So all this time, we were doing it wrong?”
“Yeah…”
We both cracked up.

(I think Aunt Mimi got it a little bungled up!)



"I got nasty habits; I take tea at three." - Mick Jagger 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...