Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Moment of Zen



Song - Painting Pictures - Adele


A morning of painting is usually like meditation for me. Especially if I can get into that "zone".

This morning I went to my favorite painting class and that was just what this girl needed.

Our teacher, Marcy Wheeler creates a wonderful supportive, fun environment that also encourages us to step outside our comfort zone.

Some are more willing than others.

Joanne Taeuffer (detail)



(I tend to be a little "pokey" in that department.)

Today, I brought in my Sergio Romo painting and although I thought it was close to being finished, there were several suggestions made that really improved the painting.  As soon as I add all of the raindrops, I will post it for you.

Everyone in the class is at a different level and each has their own personal style but each of us respects that style and each other.

At the end of class we all participate in a critique of our current work.

Patricia Dallacroce


I have been painting with Marcy for 6 1/2 years now.  She still amazes me with her insight into art, design and life!


Thank you to the Thursday morning painting group and especially Marcy!




If you live in the Bay Area and are interested in painting please check out Marcy's website at
http://marcywheeler.com/

Joanne Taeuffer -  http://joannetaeuffer.com/

Patricia Dallacroce - http://www.dallacroce.com/#home

And many other fine artists in the group!



“As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.” 
– Joan Baez



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...