Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Serenity of the Soul



I just began reading "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott.  The title is from her father who was also a writer.  Anne's brother had put off a large school report about birds for months and on the night before it was due, he was trying to start it but was feeling overwhelmed.

(I don't know about you but I never delay in any of my tasks!)

Sitting at the kitchen table amongst piles of bird books, her father gently rubbed his son's shoulders and told him to take it "bird by bird".


And that my friends is life......



I have been feeling so overwhelmed with life lately that I didn't feel balanced.








Therefore my body gently reminded me with 3 weeks of vertigo to come into balance both mentally and physically.



Why is simple so difficult?  Just take it bird by bird.....



“I'm all over the place, up and down, scattered, withdrawing, trying to find some elusive sense of serenity."
The world can't give that serenity. The world can't give us peace. We can only find it in our hearts."
I hate that."
I know. But the good news is that by the same token, the world can't take it away.”
― Anne Lamott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...