Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Boys

A friend recently sent me some old photos from our family vacations. I came across this one of me and my middle son, Jon. He was the kind of kid that should of been in the movies or at least commercials. Cute as a button, if I do say so myself! He had a "big" personality and thought outside the box. He was always thinking deep thoughts like "Exactly when did that cow lick me?" and after a few minutes of scratching my head, he explained that the girl who had just given him a haircut told him that he had a cowlick. He was about four at the time.
On another occasion when he was deep in thought, he asked "Just when did the world turn into color?" Mmmm....where did that one come from? When I asked him what he was talking about, he responded with "You know how it used to be black & white and now the world is full of color!". After discussing this with his father, Mr. B, we realized that he had seen old photo's and old TV shows (like I Love Lucy) which were in black & white. Makes perfect sense to me now that a smarty pants kid like this would think that the whole world was void of color and suddenly one day turned into full spectrum color just like in "The Wizard of Oz"!


Love you Jon-e-b......hope you're enjoying the challenges of college!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...