Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Travel


Why is traveling such a mixed bag? It's exciting to plan and shop for your trip as well as read about all of the places you want to visit. But then a little fear slips in, a little homesickness (even though you haven't even left yet). Maybe it's more of a "what will I miss while I'm gone....the roses will just begin their first bloom and the Wisteria too, I'll miss opening day of baseball, how about what's going on with friends and family, oh and I'll definitely miss my home and Mr. B and my lovely friends, my doggies and my painting classes...... 


 I proceed to not sleep at night because I am worrying about the flight (I'm a very nervous flyer) and I wonder if I'll get to see and do everything on my list. Then... when I'm just about ready to POP, I'll get on that airplane and spend an uncomfortable 19 hours in flight & hauling luggage around airports. 




Then I'll arrive at my destination just giddy with anticipation! I'm here!! I love it! I've left  behind the cooking and cleaning, the bills and laundry, dental appointments and errands. For a few days or weeks I'll have no real schedule. I'll live in the present and enjoy every second! When it's time to head home, I'll be a little disappointed that I didn't go to every museum, park, restaurant or shop that I wanted to. I'll cry a little because I'm excited to see my family and friends but disappointed that the party is over.....at least for awhile.  Does this ever happen to you? I guess that's why I keep going back to Paris. Because I'll never see or experience it all! How wonderful is that?


Sacre Coeur from the d'Orsay

"Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth" Pema Chödrön

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...