Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Pond Gardener

The Pond Gardener at Giverny


Today I am working on a painting of the pond cleaner at Giverny.  I am working at adding some background atmosphere, as it was a overcast Spring day.  Every morning a gardener goes out in a little green boat and maintains Claude Monet's waterlilies.  I am trying to capture the tranquility of the pond as well as the gardener who is intent on doing  a good job in this beautiful place. This is my photo reference and tomorrow I hope to post the finished painting!

"Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment."  - Claude Monet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...