Life Lessons


"Figuring out our gifts in life is part of our journey to becoming enlightened human beings.” – Allison DuBois

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Owl Moon

Last night I could hear an owl calling from a nearby tree. It reminded me of my middle son Jon. When he was about two, he was enthralled with the book "Owl Moon".  We read it to him often and he had a cassette tape of it so he could listen to it whenever he wanted. Within a few months he had  memorized the story and I remember him playing his tape and reading along with the storyteller word for word.  My husband and I watched him from his bedroom door, sitting on his bed and "reading" along with the tape.  Such a sweet memory. Thanks Jonnie!

"I could feel the cold......But I never said a word. Because if you go owling, you have to be quiet and make your own heat."  - quote from Owl Moon by Jane Yolan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...